Pakistani Bloggers
Previous • Next
Random • List All
• Join •
CrickRock Webrings
Rambling on: down memory lane

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

down memory lane

a magical voice, fantastic movie (mausam), quite watchable despite being indian :) and gulzar's stamp all over the place taking inspiration from ghalib making it worth your while - and a track that has followed me constantly over the last several years

dil dhonta hai
phir vohee
fursat kay raat din

baythay rahain tasawar-e-janaan keeyay hoyay

aur jaroon kee
narm dhoop aur
aangan main lait kar

aankhoon par khainch kar tairay
aanchal kay sayaay ko
oondhay paray rahain kabhee
karvat leeyay hoyay

ya garmee-oon kee raat jo
purva-ee-aan chalain
thandee sufaid chadaroon peh
jagain dayr tak
taroon ko daikhtay rain
chat par paray hoyay

barfeelee
sardeeyoon main
kissee bhee paha par
vadee main
goonjtee hoee
khamooshee-aan sunain
aankhoon main
bheegay bheegay say
lamhay leeyay hoyay


the magnificent bhupinder at his best

one song done is two different styles in the movie, the slower version my favorite

6 Comments:

Blogger TS said...

Incredible that you mention this song - I've been thinking about this for weeks now - of course I could only remeber the first few lines - but isn't that the story of our lives? There is never, never any down time and the bad part is , I've forgotten how to relax, even if I have some free moments, I cannot sit still, can't even read much anymore.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Deevaan said...

i know what you mean. it used to be only depression in the past

now i move around like a zombie with a lump in my throat when things go haywire...and these days
the price paid is limited which is good

i do not sleep for a day or two - and then i am back in action - i hope it is as sad as it sounds

but what has life been reduced to

hence i sing

dil dhondta hai phir vohee

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was just cruising by and noticed your blog - awesome writing - you certainly have talent. I will definitely bookmark it.I also have a site, please do check it out lazyfliess.blogspot.com :)
(Sorry, could not resist)

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,

-I would like to request to add my site in your links section the site is about pakistani music and falls into your interests.

-Kindly give me your email id so that i can send you the blog entry to post if you like.

Regards.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naveed, you are getting more span than comments... better get one of those word verification thingi :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Talha Masood said...

I want this song
.
.
.
infact, I need it!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home