Pakistani Bloggers
Previous • Next
Random • List All
• Join •
CrickRock Webrings
Rambling on: Dancing days are here again

Monday, July 26, 2004

Dancing days are here again

It takes them forever to locate the luggage at the airport as I wait outside. They are returning after a two month holiday and the more time they take, the harder my heart beats, a ritual that I hate, the waiting excrutiatingly painful. Two hours from the time that they land, I finally see them come out of the departure lounge. 

It is a feeling that I have come to love over the years. It is the look my son gives me when he places me in the crowd. There is something about this look, unconditional love, maybe a bit of self-assurance, of being home finally. 

A look that I have loved ever since his first trip away from home, years ago, when he was barely walking and seeing me in the crowd, upon his return, he ran towards me and gave me the best hug a parent could ask for.  He has grown taller over summer and has overshot my shoulder.

My daughter whispers something to her mom. She is reminding her that every year I pick her up in my arms and that I had not done so this time. I pick her up to a big hug as a beautiful day rises over Karachi.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jalal said...

I know :) The wait at the airport and then the faces coming out of the airport.

Nothing compares :)

Have fun with them.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Ayesha said...

It is very un-guyish when fathers and husbands talk about their feelings of joy and sorrow especially pertaining to their family. They should do more often.
hey btw u dint say a word about your children's mom :O
(just kidding )

Have a fun filled and blessed time with your family :)

6:00 AM  
Blogger Deevaan said...

Thanks Jalal, I guess one does enjoy the drama unfolding in front of your eyes as relatives have a reunion outside the arrival lounge.
Thanks Exuberant, i am definitely turning more unguyish and emotionally vulnerable as i grow older but i suppose you discover a new aspect about your personality with every passing year and greying hair :)

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home