Pakistani Bloggers
Previous • Next
Random • List All
• Join •
CrickRock Webrings
Rambling on: encounters part ii

Saturday, August 13, 2005

encounters part ii

3am Dubai airport.

The kids were with me during this trip earlier this summer & were getting impatient by the minute, our flight to singapore not scheduled to fly for another 3 hours

Next to where we were sitting, we were surrounded by groups of mostly desi men sleeping on the floor

One guy who had been oogling at us, my "zinanee" being the object of his fancy,
comes to me & shows me his ticket and asks me for the gate number

Without even looking at it i tell him that gate appears only an hour before the flight. My response gets a blank look from him

I look at his boarding pass and am surprised to find that his flight was 18 hours later.....i tell him about this and he says he was helpless, the "agent" had booked the flight for him and his group

"So you guys will reach home in jeddah late evening tomorrow?" I asked, surprised at their predicament

"we are not going to Jeddah", he goes & gives me another ticket showing onward flight to Cairo.

His Jeddah-Cairo flight booked on the cheapest fare airline had another 20 hours transit time in store for them at Jeddah airport

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

reminds of an Indian lady I met during my transit at london. She had started her journey from a small town in USA, dont remember the state. She had to go to new york by road to take the flight to london. after changing three more plans, she was supposed to reach india, probably new delhi or mumbai. From there she had to catch the train to her hometown. The part where I almost cried was that her hometown was not accessible directly by train so she was going to take the bus after getting off from the train at the nearest train station from her home.
Since then I have stopped complaining about long airport transits.

1:54 AM  
Blogger TS said...

I've been wanting to ask you this,but been a little hesitant.The question is - when someone stares at your 'zainanee' - what do you do? Do you just think the ogler is stupid and ignore him or does it make you angry? And how does your 'DZ' (how's that abbreivation?:)) feel about it? You may remember that this was a sore topic for me in Lahore and I asked your DZ about this too. She told me she did not get stared at (not that she is not ogle worthy - quite the opposite in fact - but because she lives in Karachi and they just don't stare in KHI)- so did this bug her?
(And darling, I hope you know me well enough by now not to get offended if you think this is way too perosnal) - ok?

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home