Pakistani Bloggers
Previous • Next
Random • List All
• Join •
CrickRock Webrings
Rambling on: importance of being desi

Monday, June 20, 2005

importance of being desi

spending too much time at airports and meeting interesting people

the more i travel the more peculiar behaviour of desis i encounter....more specifically differences between pakistanis and indians...in the next few blogs i will highlight some...specific behaviour, traits and mannerisms i have come across...

observation one
two pakistanis sitting at the same departure gate at bangkok waiting for their flight. they exhange pleasantries and pretty soon they are sharing gossip and views on the recently concluded cricket series

two indians happen to be at the same departure gate. they board the plane without ever speaking to each other

4 Comments:

Blogger Baraka said...

I agree with Faisal. I've actually *never* had a Pakistani come up & talk to me in the two decades I've lived in the US but I've had an endless stream of Indians excitedly coming up to me & asking, "Are you Indian?" Of course when I told them I was Pakistani they looked appalled, had no interest in talking to me, & walked away.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Deevaan said...

Baraka, both Faisal and you are right but desis in the US are a little strange anyways...BTW my best friends in the US were Indians...

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are you all talking about? the minute that an indian/pakistani person sees me, or i see them, they come up to me and aske me where i'm from. when i say i'm indian, i am completely welcomed. there is too much negativity in people. we're all the same, whether we're pakistani, indian, or just a human being. just let it go.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Deevaan said...

hi anonymous indian, these are just my personal observations, i am glad people approach you and speak to you and welcome you...what i am posting is just my personal observations...

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home