Pakistani Bloggers
Previous • Next
Random • List All
• Join •
CrickRock Webrings
Rambling on: someday i will fly away

Friday, January 28, 2005

someday i will fly away

i'll fake it through the day with some help from johnny walker red
send the poison rain down the drain to put bad thoughts in my head

two tickets torn in half and a lot of nothing to do
do you miss me, miss misery like you say you do?

a man in the park read the lines in my hand
told me i'm strong hardly ever wrong i said man you mean
you had plans for both of us
that involved a trip out of town
to a place i've seen in a magazine
that you left lying around

i don't have you with me
but i keep a good attitude
do you miss me, miss misery like you say you do?

i know you'd rather see me gone
than to see me the way that i am
but i am in the life anyway
next door the tv's flashing blue frames on the wall
it's a comedy of errors
you see it's about taking a fall
to vanish into oblivionis
easy to do and i try to be
but you know me i come back when you want me to

do you miss me miss miserylike you say you do?

(Elliot Smith, Miss Misery from the OST of Good Will Hunting (GWH))

thanks for the memories walter, brent and more importantly elliot....only the good die young methinks

i hate the hero in gwh taking off to chase his dreams and "give up the booze and one night stands"...hate robbin williams for being brilliant in gwh, hate him for dead poets society (dps) ...hate my friend who said that if we had watched 'dead poets' in our formative years that we too, would have the sense to "go see about a girl"........ oh wait, my friend did go after his dreams without as much as saying goodbye and i am the prick stuck in a time warp unable to undo the strings that keep me from flying away....someday for sure....for now i bid adieu... the real world of corporate crap beckons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home